Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Being married to a writer can be crazy!


Hey, everyone! I think life can be tough for our partners or spouses, right? Well, what if both of you are a writer? Today we get to peek into the life of Michael and Elaine Charton! I hear Elaine is giving away a copy of her ebook Easy Lovin'!


My house is chaotic with me being the only writer in my household. What's your home life like with two?

E- Interesting.:) Not as clean as I'd like it to be. I'm still waiting for the cleaning angels to come visit. Seriously though it is interesting. We do get strange looks sometimes when we start talking plots and such in public. One summer we were driving down to Cape Cod to visit my dad. We were on a very quiet road and started playing what if. We started with a time traveling revolutionary era soldier and by the time we had stopped for lunch we were up to murder and what kind of weapons would be used. We were in this small roadside diner and an elderly couple came in and sat behind us. After listening to our conversation they got up and went to another table...on the other side of the room. :)

M- I am absent minded that way, like my absent minded Chemistry Professor father. I only clean my stuff when it takes control of me. There is a story in there somewhere. It is like a monster trying to take me over. I hate having too many possesions. Cannot control it that way lol!

What do you wish Elaine would do to help during your writing process (like bring you coffee, give you peace to write, ect)?

She's the best. Don't change anything!

What does Elaine wish you'd do for her during her writing time?

E-Everything! :) As long as he lets me write I'm ok. I don't like anyone looking at what I've written until it's done. I will let him look at a scene if I don't think I have it right. Usually if I need him to do something

Do you and Elaine have any projects going together or plan to?

E- We're working on a detective series set in Tucson, it's going slow, between out other projects. It's been interesting because we have such different voices.

M-Elaine is toning down my male detective. I made him a grumpy macho Mexican male with a perennial cigar in his mouth. His only soft spot is for his cat, based on my cat, Yerbie. The Mexican guys @ work help me with stuff. As my psychologist friend Dr. Rita Pettiford says, "Michael, YOU have a vivid imagination!" Coming from a psychologist, that is not necessarily a good thing. I have come up with some black plots. My mother says I am a sicko. I ask her , "Who got me that way?" The latest plot I am working on involves a murderer who had been in South African Special Forces (I knew someone who served in that group). All kidding aside, I am fascinated by people, both the good and the bad elements.

Can you give us information on yours and Elaines books?
E I have two books available now, EZ LOVIN' and PANDORA'S JUSTICE. Both are available in electronic and print format . This is book one and two in a series I call Mac's Men. The third book, Mac's MAN will be out later this year.Our publisher is Swimming Kangaroo Books www.swimmingkangaroo.com

M- My book THAT MEDDLESOME HOLMES will be out in 2010. It's a biography of the Holmes villian Proffesor Moriarty. It starts at the age of 10 and goes up to the infamous scene in Reichenback falls.

Where can readers find out more information on you?
WWW.ELAINECHARTON.COM
WWW.MICHAELCHARTON.COM

Thanks so much for doing an interview, Elaine and Michael! Please visit us again at Wicked Thorn and Roses! Readers, do you have any other questions for them? Don't forget to post to be entered in for the free ebook!

Talk to you soon,
Wendy Ely

4 comments:

Sierra Wolfe said...

Great interview! I enjoyed reading about married writers. It would be great to be married to someone who shares your interests, even if the house doesn't get cleaned. :D Congratulations to both of you!

ElaineCharton said...

Sierra -
Thank you. We will be married 25 years in July and sometimes I'm amazed we've been married that long.:)

Laurie Schnebly Campbell said...

What fun, reading about writers married to each other -- have you both been writing throughout your marriage, or did that start more recently? (And happy upcoming 25th!)

ElaineCharton said...

Hi Laurie!
Michael really didn't start writing fiction until we had moved to Arizona. Since I have trouble driving at night, he had to drive me everywhere. Hanging around writers for a few years and look at what happened!

Wicked Thorn and Roses © 2008. Design by :Yanku Templates Sponsored by: Tutorial87 Commentcute
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com Blogger Templates